Friday, July 04, 2014

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie



I love this time of year, when all sorts of fresh berries are available.
My favourite summer pie is Strawberry Rhubarb. 



Slice about one cup of strawberries
Chopped about 3 cups of rhubarb in short pieces
Mix together


In another bowl, mix together 
one egg
3 tbsp flour
1 cup of granulated sugar


Add the rhubarb and strawberries. Gently keeping mixing together until the fruit is well coated.

Using your favourite  two crust pie recipe, line a 9 inch pie plate. Turn fruit mixture into the pie shell. Moisten pastry rim. Place crust over top. Trim and crimp to seal. Cut slits in top.


I usually lightly dampen the top shell, and sprinkle with a hint of sugar. Bake at 350° F (180° C) for roughly 45 minutes until the browned and fruit is cooked. 


Serve warm with whipped cream, cool whip, vanilla ice cream or as is. Personally I love it as is.

My crust didn't want to roll today, I think it was because it was bit humid outside. It make not look pretty, but it sure did taste good!

No comments:

Post a Comment