Monday, November 11, 2013

mustard

I enjoy making copy cats of store products. They are so easily to make. Some only take minutes to make and taste far superior to those from the store.

Here is a recipe for mustard. 

Into a small sauce pot add the following:

4 tbsp dry ground mustard
1/4 c water
3 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tsp flour
1/4 tsp salt plus 1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp turmeric
pinch of garlic powder and paprika


- bring to a boil and simmer for about five minutes stirring often


-remove pan from heat, let sit uncovered for about a minute than cover pot until cool


-store in a jar with a lid in the fridge
-makes about 1/4 cup of mustard.





2 comments:

  1. NOW another new thing I'll be trying! Never thought of this one and I just bought a bottle for the pantry.

    Thanks for the recipe and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy this recipe. I probably should have mentioned, it has a bit of nip to it. Adjust your spices to your taste. Also, I think it may depend on your dry mustard powder too. Trust me, you will never use the stuff from the store again.

      Delete