Tuesday, October 29, 2013

the best ever salsa sauce

I have been busy not only with my regular farm chores, but putting up my tomatoes that I grew this year. The end is very near. Thank goodness!!


I am starting to feel tomaoted (is that even a word?) out!


My gang eats a lot of salsa sauce.


Besides eating it with taco type chips...


there are tacos and baked potatoes.


What all do you eat salsa sauce with or on?


SALSA SAUCE

6 lbs of prepared tomatos
10 jalapeno peppers or a variety of hot peppers
3-4 large onion
6 green peppers
3 red peppers
8 crushed garlic clove
3 small canned tomato paste
3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp seasoning salt

-put washed tomatos through the food processor, process it to the 'chunkiness' you prefer-measure out 6 lbs of processed tomatos
-if you prefer more of a bite to your salsa, leave most of the seeds in your hot peppers
-put your veggies through the food processor, keeping in mind to keep all the 'chunks' uniform and consistency of your processed tomatos
-put all of the ingredients into a pot, bring to a boil
-fill your sterilsed jars, leaving one inch headspace, process in a water bath for about 10 minutes
-makes about 12 pint jars


Note: I have to say this, so please forgive me: The canning method I use is what I have been doing for years and believe to work best for my family. I am not in anyway against pressure canning nor do I feel my method is any less safe than that of pressure canning. Please use the method you feel safest with as I am not responsible for any mishaps or illnesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment