Thursday, October 24, 2013

my inherited geese

At the end of July, my husband's dad passed away, at home while he was watching tv. 


Long story short, I ended up with the geese. Which is fine. I did come home with eight, but somehow one wounded it's leg, and the coyotes had a meal. We put the geese into our 'dugout paddock'. The dugout is our water source for the house and the automatic waterers. 


The chickens were also out in the dugout paddock. Hubby cut the fence so the chickens could come and go out of their chicken coop. I managed to round up the geese into the coop yard, which wasn't easy when Hawkeye scattered them on me.


This is my patch job.


The geese were none to happy that they were finally locked up.


 They all were checking the fence line, looking for an escape route.


In the distance is our dugout.



Almost every goose checked out my patched job.






Our dugout. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing about the geese and your patch job. Isn't great how when we take the responsibility of caring for animals we learn so many new things and we push ourselves to do what we didn't know we could?

    Have a great day and I just love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really amazed at myself for what I have learnt. With every accomplishment I have made, my self-confidence increases. It is a natural high.

      Delete